Gordon Ramsay reveals he had treatment to remove skin cancer
Gordon Ramsay has urged his fans to remember to wear sun cream after having treatment to remove skin cancer.
Ramsay, 58, posted a picture of himself with a scar stitched up below his ear on Saturday.
The TV chef said he was “grateful and so appreciative” that his medical team had removed basal cell carcinoma from the side of his face.
“Please don’t forget your sunscreen this weekend ❤️I promise you it’s not a face lift! I’d need a refund…….,” he wrote on Instagram.
Read more from Sky News
Tennis star responds to cap snatch video
Jessie J cancels tour due to cancer surgery
Top Boy actor in court on rape charges
Replying to his post, TV judge Robert Rinder posted a heart emoji.
Cancer Research UK also commented: “Glad to hear you’re doing well, Gordon, and thanks for raising awareness of how important it is to stay safe in the sun.
“Seek shade, cover up, and apply sunscreen regularly and generously.”
Basal cell carcinoma (BCC) is a common type of non-melanoma skin cancer that starts in the top layer of the skin.
The main cause is UV light, with risk factors including older age, having pale skin, and having had skin cancer in the past.
Melanoma skin cancers are more serious and difficult to treat.
In June last year, Ramsay received surgery after falling off his bike in the US while he wasn’t wearing a helmet.
He posted images of a large purple bruise on his torso and said he was “lucky to be standing here”.